Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's 2009

Brice and I celebrated Valentine's Day over two days. He got out of school early and came home with two Mad Libs he wrote called "Mad Annas." After filling in the blanks and laughing hilariously, I could guess what we were doing next. We watched Sleepless in Seattle - my favorite romantic comedy! We went out to dinner Friday night to avoid the major Saturday crowd. He took me to Little Savannah, the restaurant we went to the night we got engaged. What an amazing meal! Check it out:

Valentines Evening 2009
Chef’s Tasting Menu

Amuse Bouche: Braised Beef Ragout, Truffle Oil
Oysters Rockefeller: Baked Apalachicola Oysters, Creamy Spinach,
Apple Smoked Bacon, Homemade Hot Sauce
Herb Roasted Quail, Baby Frisée Lettuces,
Pomegranate Molasses, Lemon Vinaigrette
Surf and Turf: Grilled Tenderloin of Beef,
Sweet Potato Purée, Snow’s Bend Kale, New Hampshire Lobster Hollandaise
Chocolate Marquise Cake, Pistachio Cremé, Fresh Raspberries


We exchanged gifts Saturday night. Kudos to my husband! He did good. Don't you just love it when someone gets you a gift that shows they know you and put some thought into it? Well, I've been in a word puzzle phase for a while now. Crosswords, cryptograms, logic puzzles, you name it! He was so excited about what he found:


Yes, those are crossword PJs!!! And two brain game books! Thank you, honey!

I had put together a gift basket with various goodies. Brice hadn't quite emptied the basket when Macie decided she would be the gift!



Then Brice popped in a DVD without telling me what it was - our wedding video! It was his first time to actually watch it! So fun seeing who all was there and reliving those moments.

To my Valentine - thank you for two fantastic years, and these two fantastic days!

1 comment:

BKicklighter said...

I need a tissue. And a garbage can. :)

Way to go, bro! Niiice on the jammies. You really pulled through.