Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween in Huntsville

I spent the last weekend of October with my dear friend, Penny, in Huntsville. We took her oldest, Sam, to a local fall festival where he played a few games, loved sliding down the huge inflatable slide, and visited the petting farm.




Penny and I stayed home that evening to hand out candy while her husband, Ron, took little Thomas the Train out trick-or-treating. I had talked Penny into buying more candy, but we only got two visitors!! Their house is a bit isolated from the main part of the neighborhood.

Saturday was a fun day of girl time. Ron was a sweetheart and kept the boys for several hours so that Penny and I could do some shopping, get pedicures . . .



and have a first for me - eyebrow waxing! Yep, never done it and figured it was a good time, having moral support and all.


Get ready . .




Ow!

I'm happy with the result though. They're so small now!

The other highlight of the weekend was hanging out with this little guy:

Luke is five months old and absolutely adorable. All smiles, dimples, and little rolls.

It was a great weekend to get away and chill with a girlfriend. Thanks for having me, Penny!!

1 comment:

Penny said...

The Philleys are so glad you came to visit! I especially enjoyed it. Can't wait to do it again...