Sunday, November 23, 2008

Week in Review

I don't have any fun pictures, but thought I'd touch base before the holiday week.

Brice and I got to have a fun date night last Wednesday. We had a coupon and gift certificate to The Melting Pot - and you know we love that place! We tried the Bananas Foster Chocolate for dessert. I was a bit skeptical, not being a big white chocolate fan, but it was heavenly! It came with a big hunk of brown sugar to melt into the chocolate, a dash of cinnamon, and bananas, of course. Wow. Yeah, just wow. Then we walked over to the movie theater and saw the new Bond movie. It was good.

I had told my boss about our big night and that Cole was spending the night with my parents. He suggested I take Thursday off to sleep in and chill. Okay!! So I followed the boss' instructions and slept in! And it gets better - he didn't want me to come in Friday to make up for it. So I've had a really long weekend!

Cole started basketball Thursday evening. One of his teammates is the son of Brice's and my high school choir director. When Cole saw him, he recognized him as the boy who takes piano lessons in the time slot right before Cole! Who knew?

Brice had class all weekend and Cole was away so I had a lot of time to myself. I wrapped Christmas presents, blew the driveway, slept, ran a few errands, slept - good times!

Cole is out of school all this week so he will be coming to work with me for Monday and Tuesday. Brice has "professional development" those two days. Then we head out of town on Wednesday for a Jackson Family Thanksgiving in Callaway Gardens! I've never been and I hear it's beautiful! I'll post pictures next week. I wonder if we'll go around the table and tell what we're thankful for?

Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone! And remember to be thankful for the many blessings in your life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for you and your family. M

BKicklighter said...

Cheese Alert:
I am thankful for you guys!
Oh, look - - mom was cheesy first. I am thankful for our cheesy family too :)