Thursday, July 31, 2008

That Darn Cat!

Remember this cute thing?

Yeah, well, she's not just cute. She had a parasite which led to her vomiting in various places around my house. After a night at the vet's she came home with medicine and began peeing in various places around my house - including my couches and my bed! Another trip to the vet showed that she has a horrible urinary tract infection. More medicine. She should be finished with that medicine next week.

Here's the part that really gets me!

My husband left this morning for a wedding in NC and won't be back until Sunday evening. My mother graciously agreed to keep my little one for a couple days. I have been planning and looking forward to a little get-away weekend for just me! I found an inexpensive motel with a lake nearby, perfect for walking, reading, sleeping, or watching TV if I want. (sigh)

But that darn cat has to get medicine every morning and every night! So I'm not going to a motel this weekend. I'm not going to walk around a lake. I'm not going to escape the list of things to do that is ever growing in my head as I look around my house. I'm going to stay home and medicate the cat.

Feel free to call.

5 comments:

BKicklighter said...

Get Bryce's mom to cat sit. Aren't they a cat family???

annaj said...

Wow, first of all his name is spelled Brice. Secondly, they are at the wedding too.

Penny said...

Your own sister doesn't know how to spell your hubby's name. She should be in the doghouse! (LOL Becky) I'll give you a call this weekend for sure.

Anonymous said...

You can't take Anna out of the Cheelys but you can't take the Cheelys out of the Anna :). MM

Anonymous said...

this family always has and always will crack me up! :)Mo