Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas #1.5

You'll recall from below that we celebrated Christmas with my parents on the 17th, before they left town on vacation. A week later I received a call from my mother as I'm packing to leave for my Christmas trip to St. Louis. She had awakened remembering that she bought a gift for us but forgot to give it to us - and had no idea where it was! Now, I will not mock her for this, for I have been there before and know I will be there again! We crossed our fingers hoping she had delivered it to St. Louis over Thanksgiving and forgotten.


Christmas day came and many presents were opened, however, none of mine were from mom and dad. I gave her the news over the phone. Though disappointed, we both knew it would turn up eventually.


It didn't take long! She called me the next day to say that she had found it in a random drawer! A while back, I was coming over to visit one day and she needed to stash it so I didn't see it. Well, she stashed it well!


So what is this marvelous delayed gift? Ta da!!


Isn't it all cute and red! Totally worth the wait! Thanks, Mom and Dad!!

No comments: