Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Songs

In honor of my sister's recent post about favorite Christmas songs, I'm requesting that you all leave a comment stating your LEAST favorite song of the holiday season. You know, those annoying songs that the radio plays over and over and you just can't stand!

Here are a few of mine:

So This is Christmas - John Lennon
The Little Drummer Boy - Bing Crosby & David Bowie
Wonderful Christmas Time - Paul McCartney
Please Come Home for Christmas - Aaron Neville or the Eagles

And has anybody ever noticed that when Karen Carpenter sings "Merry Christmas, Darling," she says:

"I've just one wish on this Christmas Eve. I wish I were with you."

Shouldn't it be "I wish I was with you"? Grammatically, isn't it "I was" and "we were"?
Just one of those things I've always noticed and wanted to clarify with the world. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i cannot stand Feliz Navidad - AUGH!!! drives me crazy every time i hear it!!

Anonymous said...

Grandma got ran over by a raindeer!! and not sure if this is the title, I'll be home for Christmas.