Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Fortune

Brice and I had a date night last weekend. He did the planning, I was to just go along for the ride. The afternoon before we went out, I was banished from the kitchen and confined to the bedroom while Brice cooked up something that required the timer to go off every 5 minutes! What could he possibly be making? He did tell me that his mom and sister-in-law had warned him it was hard to make. I waited. Eventually, he came to tell me to get ready to go out to eat. Out? Hadn't he been cooking?

We headed out to get dinner. Now, months ago we purchased a couple of $25 gift certificates at restaurant.com for $2. My economical husband decided to use one, so we ate at:

We love some Chinese food! Brice brought a bag of something in with us - so mysterious! The food was average, but what came next was the best! Brice pulled out the bag and revealed a bowl full of fortune cookies - homemade fortune cookies!


That's what he had been making all afternoon! Yes, he made fortune cookies from scratch all by himself! What a guy! The fun came in opening them each up. They all had some kind of quote, memory, or sentiment in them. He's so stinkin' creative!

Fun times! Good conversation! Lots of laughs! I think I'll keep dating him!

1 comment:

Penny said...

how fun... i've always wanted to make fortune cookies. maybe i'll give it a try now.