Thursday, May 8, 2008

Life in the desert

I had a conference for work in Scottsdale, AZ on Monday and Tuesday. I hardly ever travel for business so I felt very grown up and professional. Plus my sweet boss suggested that Brice go with me and we get there a couple days early to have some "us" time before the conference. Isn't he great?? So last Saturday, Brice and I flew to Phoenix.

Now, the biggest highlight of the trip was actually our layover on the way to Phoenix. You might ask, "How could a layover possibly qualify for a highlight?" Answer: we got to spend 3 hours in St. Louis! We were there long enough to go to my sister's house and spend some good time with their family. If you know me, you know why that was the highlight of our trip.






On that note, I would just like to take this opportunity to tell the world how grateful I am for my sister. She's an amazing person and such an inspiration to me. She's a great listener, giver, encourager, friend to laugh with, and the mother of three adorable, precious children. I love you, Beck!



Then it was on to Scottsdale!

We watched the movie Vantage Point while eating great food at Farrelli's Cinema Supper Club - great idea!! If we somehow win a million dollars, I'm gonna start one of those in Birmingham!










We also played mini golf, took a gondola ride around the gorgeous grounds of the Hyatt, saw a play, Barefoot in the Park, and ate some fabulous food! My boss recommended some places to eat and he definitely has great taste.









The area is completely different than the southeast. The desert has dirt, cactus, and not much green. Like this:













We did some shopping as well. We don't have a Crate & Barrel so that was fun to browse. We do have a Disney Store, but that was fun to browse too . . .


It was a nice trip and I'm so thankful to my boss for allowing us the mini-vacation!

1 comment:

BKicklighter said...

Thanks for the sweetness, sweetness! Glad you had such fun. Those kids ARE adorable and you look so pretty. Your husband making that same face again. . .

Iloveyou