Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mothers' Day

Sunday, May 11, 2008 - a day to honor your mother . . . and be honored as a mother

My day began with breakfast in bed at 6:45 am, provided by my husband and son: cinnamon rolls, banana/peanut butter toast, apple mango juice. Gifts and cards abounded as I ate. That green box there holds my very own fondue maker. Woo hoo!


The picture in the middle of the bed is the portrait my son made of me. I'd say he's got talent. Here's the close-up:

Brice headed off to class for the majority of the day and Cole and I headed to my parents' church. Who knew that would be the best gift I could ever give my mother? (Not Brice being in class all day, but going to church with them.) It was really fun to go back to my home church for a day. Saw many people I hadn't seen in a while and sang some hymns I haven't sung in a while.

We headed to lunch and surprise - Brice met us there. His instructor scheduled their lunch break so that he could meet us for our lunch. What a sweetie! (Brice and the instructor.)



Then came a grand photography session. Cole has become quite good with the camera and loves to practice. So feast your eyes on our plethora of pictures.


Anna with her Mother

Cole with his Mother


Cole with Anna's Mother

The rest of the day was spent playing games with my parents. It doesn't get much better than that. I learned that playing a card game with Mom takes twice as long as playing with my husband or son. Mom and I talk more than play because we don't see each other as often.
And Mom has always been a good listener. I remember coming in from events in high school and sitting on the edge of her bed where she was reading and waiting for me to come home. I would talk and talk about the evening and she listened to every word and never rushed me. It's really nice to be heard. She's a great gal, my mom. I sure do love her. I like her pretty well too.
And it's a good thing, cuz I'm turning into her more and more every day!!

2 comments:

Penny said...

You look so happy! I'm glad you were showered with love on Mother's Day...aren't we lucky?!

Oh, I saw Lydia yesterday and she just can't get over you and Brice being married. She kept saying "Who would have thought?".

Anonymous said...

Your mom IS a great gal! I love her and like her pretty well too! I'm proud to let her know that Scott and I will be married 13 years, next Tuesday, and I'm glad she's not had to pull out her shotgun in all this time! :) Glad to see you are doing great too, Anna. Heather is excited to visit next month! She's a mess! Take care, Monica