Monday, March 30, 2009

My time in St. Louis

My sister and her husband haven't been away for a weekend by themselves since they had children. They needed it - and deserved it! So they used an airline voucher to fly me up there to take care of the kids so they could have a much needed getaway. What a weekend!! I had a ball and I'm tired. I don't know how she does it every day of her life. She's my hero. You should check out her blog for great stories and perspective on the kids: The Blue Hutch

Their family is celebrating Easter every day with a different activity. Our activity for Friday was making sheep - for all we like sheep have gone astray; each of us has turned his own way, but the Lord has laid on him (Jesus) the iniquity of us all. Isaiah 53:6


I also brought, from Memom and Pop, the new Mrs. Patty Cake video. It might be one word, I don't know. Anyway, the kids loved it. I think we watched it every day.


The girls are very sweet with each other. Little is such a great big sister and KB returns the sentiment. She is not being held against her will here.




The youngest, KB, is 18 months old and SO cute! She's into everything which kept me on my toes. She's trying so hard to talk and in her little mind, I'm sure she makes complete sense! We took a spin around the kitchen in the laundry-mobile.



The weather was beautiful Friday, rainy and cold Saturday, and Sunday morning the kids woke up to snow!! Kinda reminds me of Birmingham weather!


The kids love to color. I do too, so it was fun to join in! Here we are coloring our animal face masks. Each has their own unique style. It's fun to watch.


And here is Little showing off her cat face. She was so excited about it and referred to it throughout the weekend. She also added more colors to it as the weekend went on.

I was a bit nervous about bathing all three kids, but Becky suggested doing them in shifts throughout the day. Great idea! Then I could just focus on one at a time! I just thought this was too cute of a picture.


Bubba is fervently coloring here while KB has emptied his book basket and insisted on walking around with it on her head. Of course, once I said, "Wheeeeere's KB?" the game was on.

The kids did well without their parents around. They didn't cry for them or ask repeatedly when they were coming home. But they did miss them. The reunion was a happy one.

We had made a Welcome Home sign with crayons, markers, and stickers. It greeted mom and dad as they walked through the door.

I had such a fun time. I love those kids so much. It's weird how you can love someone else's children almost as much as you love yours.

My boys were glad to have me back as I was glad to be back. After NC and now MO, I'm glad to be home for a while - with my 9 year old! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Memom says "thanks for all the great pictures. Almost feel like I was there. Not!"

BKicklighter said...

I'll just link folks to your blog you did such a great job describing the weekend.