Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fun Buy

We usually don't have much time for yard sales, but last Friday morning Brice and I stopped by a local estate sale. It's kind of weird walking through someone's home rummaging through their things. We found a few things we liked but prices were fixed until Sunday. So Brice went back Sunday afternoon and got them half price!

I love dishes. You may know that about me. I love pretty patterns and rich colors. So Brice got me four plates and bowls for a total of $2.


They are a bit of a deeper plum than they appear here. I served dinner on them the other night and Cole said, "Ooo, pretty plate!" :-)

Brice got a few things for himself too. He loves Irish music - and apparently so did the owners of this house! He got a few on Friday for regular price, $3, and went back on Sunday for five more at half price.


A fun buy. Smiles all around!

2 comments:

BKicklighter said...

Estate Sales give deeper meaning to the phrase "you can't take it with you." Not only can't you take it with you, someone is going to try to buy it for CHEAP! Your "stuff" isn't worth half what you think it is. Etc. Things to ponder.

On a lighter note - I LOVE the color of the plates!

Anonymous said...

Great stuff at great prices.....who wouldn't love it?!?!?